Sunday, January 15, 2012

Under Kitchen Sink Makeover

It's funny how one simple little idea can turn into a full afternoon project.  It was this cute little bag dispenser that did me in.

After looking at the original inspriation of this bag dispenser on the House Of Grace I decided my cabinet under the sink was in DESPERATE need of a makeover. So, I rounded up the fam and off we went to the home improvement store. Here is how it all turned out:
BEFORE
YUCK! Unorganized mess!

The bottom of the cabinet had old contact paper that was peeling and water stained.
I scrapped most of that up and vaccuumed.

I put down new contact paper.
Although not a fan of most contact paper, I liked this particular design. 

I added a shelf for more storage and when I say I added the shelf I installed it with my own two hands, not the hubs. I'm pretty proud of my home improvement skills here. (Let's hope they stay up)


Another shelf 

 My version of the plastic bag dispenser. 
I actually made two since I had TONS of plastic bags. 
One is metal the other is cardboard. 
First I removed the paper label and washed them out.
Then I spray painted them grey.
(You could leave them as is or paint/decorate them however you like)

Cut hole in lid and stuff with bags.

Complete Finished Project
Yes, that's a HUGE container of vinegar...
I buy my vinegar in bulk.. Don't hate.



All in all I'm happy with the way it turned out.  Much better than the mess I had going on before!  Did you do any home makeovers this weekend?










1 comment: