Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Another Oreo Dessert

Have you noticed the Oreo craze lately?  There seems to be Oreo desserts popping up all over the Internet and in cooking magazines lately and seeing as my family LOVES Oreos I will be trying a lot of these recipes out.  I made the Oreo Pudding Poke Cake this week.  Super simple, super cheap to make, and super yummy! It almost reminds me of the magical goodness when cake and semi melted ice cream meet.

What you will need:
1 Box any Chocolate Cake mix
(plus ingredients called for on box to make cake, usually oil,eggs, and water)
2 (4 oz) pkgs instant Oreo pudding mix
4 cups of milk
Crushed Oreo Cookies for topping, I used about 10
(although this is optional, I can't imagine why you would opt NOT to add it!)


What you will do:
Make cake according to directions on  box in a greased 13X9 pan.

Whisk together pudding mixes and milk 


When cake comes out of the oven use a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the cake.  My wooden spoon has a rectangular handle... hmmm.

Pour pudding over cake. Allow cake to cool on counter about 10 minutes and then put into fridge to fully set up. About 1 hour.
Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top of cake 

 YUM!!

 
My family said they preferred the Oreo Cups over this but yet they wouldn't let me give any away to the neighbors. 

Full recipe for easy printing:
Oreo Poke Cake
Ingredients
1 Box any Chocolate Cake mix
(plus ingredients called for on box to make cake, usually oil,eggs, and water)
2 (4 oz) pkgs instant Oreo pudding mix
4 cups of milk
Crushed Oreo Cookies for topping, I used about 10 (although this is optional, I can't imagine why you would opt NOT to add it!)

Directions
Make cake according to directions on box and bake in a well greased 13 x 9 pan.
Just before cake is done, start making pudding.  In medium bowl whisk together pudding mixes and milk just to get all the lumps out.  Let pudding mixture sit for about 2 minutes.  You want it to thicken slightly so it isn't runny but not fully thickened into pudding. 
When cake is finished and still warm poke holes all over cake using a wooden spoon handle or straw,  Pour pudding mixture over warm cake.  Allow to cool several minutes on counter then put in fridge to set up.  About an hour.
Once it is set, top with crushed Oreo cookies.
I store in fridge.

Source:The Country Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment