Monday, January 9, 2012

Those Oreo Things

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!! Can you make those Oreo things? I hear this quite often, and what's great is those Oreo things take absolutely no time at all to make and boy are they yummy!!

While on jury duty a few years back a co-juror (hmmm?? is that what you would call it?) told me about the Kraft Food magazine and I've had a subscription to it ever since.  Inside that magazine I found this recipe and thought my family loves Oreos, so I made them and now  they are requested weekly.

Cookies 'N Cream Pudding (or as known in my house as "Those Oreo Things")

What You Will Need
8 Oreo Cookies, divided (I use 11)
1 pkg. (3.4 oz) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
2 cups cold milk
3/4 cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping, divided

What You Will Do
Break 1 cookie into 4 pieces; reserve for garnish. (I use 1 full cookie for each) Crush remaining cookies. Beat pudding mix and milk with wire whisk 2 minutes.  Stir in crushed cookies and 1/2 cup Cool Whip.  Spoon into 4 dessert dishes; top with remaining Cool Whip and reserved cookies.

You could also use sugar free pudding, skim milk, and low fat or fat free Cool Whip to make it a more figure friendly dessert :) 
I have also made this using chocolate pudding and chocolate pudding and mint Oreos! YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment