Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Let the Games Begin



Today I started The Hunger Games.  I have went back and forth on whether or not I wanted to read these books.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good-hyped-up-can't-put-it-down-book, but my hearts been broken one too many times by a good book series end (Twilight, Harry Potter,etc).  Anyone who reads knows what I'm talking about. That empty what the heck am I going to do now feeling you get when you finish the last word of the last sentence of the last page of the last book.

Well, when all the hype started I was intrigued, but the more hype it got, the more I was thinking meh, maybe it's not for me. Then the movie came out, and of course I like to read a book before seeing the movie. Anyone with me on this? Then I thought oh who cares, just go see the movie. I mean people see movies all the time without reading the book first. Then, my son Christian started reading the books. Christian is not a reader.  At all.  He still tries to reuse book reports on books he's read 3 or 4 years ago. Christian.loves.the.books. He asked me to buy him the 2nd and 3rd book because he can't put them down. That made my mind up. I have to read these books. So today my journey in the Hunger Games begins... If they are as good as everyone claims, sorry family but you'll be fending for yourself til I'm done reading. :)

Have you read The Hunger Games?

No comments:

Post a Comment