Sunday, March 25, 2012

Poppy Seed Chicken

Since the weather is starting to warm up, I figured I'd better get my need for "cold weathered" comfort foods outta my system now.  This casserole is so easy and quick to put together.  You could also, double the recipe, make up two and bake one now and throw one in the freezer for another time.

 


Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

What you will need:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 cup (8oz) sour cream (I usually use low fat)
2 cans of cream of chicken soup (I usually use the 98% fat free one by Campbell's)
1 stick of butter, melted
55 Ritz crackers, crushed (put in a Big Ziploc bag and roll out with your rolling pin)
1 TBSP poppy seeds

What you will do:
Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine butter, crackers, and poppy seeds.  Put half of the mixture in the bottom of a greased casserole dish (the one I use is 2½ qts).

Combine chicken, sour cream and soup.  Spread on top of cracker mixture.

Sprinkle remaining cracker mixture on top.  Cook at 350° for an hour.

Source: Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment